Department of Public Health
Department of Public Health is a service that was introduced at the Sungai Buloh Hospital in August 2006. Department of Public Health is composed of 2 units, Unit Occupational Health (Occupational Health-OH) and Environmental Health Unit (Environmental Health-EH). The department is made up of doctors, nurses, community nurses, medical assistants, assistant environmental health officer, health assistants, health care assistants and administrative assistants. So far there are 13 employees in the department. When charging is completed, the department will be staffed by 16 employees.
- Provide medical services that are efficient, friendly and quality based on the values and professional ethics for staff and patients.
- Ensuring workplace and the environment is clean, safe and healthy.
Towards a healthy workforce in terms of physical, mental and social development and promote a workplace and environment that is clean, safe and healthy.
The objective function is divided into two departments, namely the Unit of Occupational and Environmental Health Unit.
The Objectives of the Occupational Health Unit is as follows:
- Ensure the safety and health of employees and customers hospital stay is always optimal.
- Prevent health problems among hospital employees and customers as a result of exposure to the work environment, work processes and work practices that pose a risk.
- Prevent and control the incidence of infectious diseases such as nosocomial illnesses in hospitals.
- Ensure surveillance activities, training and epidemiological research carried out effectively and continuously.
- Improving knowledge of staff and customers regarding occupational safety and health as well as to cultivate a healthy and safe work.
- Improve and control the complete database mainly related epidemiology of occupational disease / poisoning and accidents / injuries.
The Objective of the Environmental Health Unit is as follows:
- Designing and implementing prevention and control of infectious diseases that are not contagious and is transmitted from patient to patient, from patient to patient and from members of the public during their stay in hospital.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the work of prevention and control of vector-borne diseases in the hospital.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the activities of Food Safety and Quality in the hospital.
- Plan, manage, coordinate and evaluate activities related to the enforcement of the Acts of Health in the hospital.
- Implementing and monitoring programs plan Occupational Health and Safety in the hospital.
- Store and update all the data and provide periodic reports related to the activities carried out.
Occupational Health unit functions are as listed.
- Health screening members ≥ 40 years of age
- Inspection personnel exposed to X-ray radiation
- Hepatitis B Immunization Program National
- Immunization Seasonal flu (Influenza)
- H1N1 Immunization Program
- Clinic members / staff and occupational health clinic
- Injury surveillance program tersusuk needles / sharps
- QA needlestick injuries
- Safety audits in the workplace
Environmental Health unit functions are as below:
- Control of Infectious Diseases
- Hygiene and Food Quality
- Enforcement of the Tobacco Products Control Regulations
- monitoring Vector
- Waste Disposal / Disposal of Waste
- health promotion
- Reports and databases
Main Line: 03-61454333