Occupational Therapy Unit
Occupational Therapy Unit located in the Department of Rehabilitation at Block E, Level 1 near the Clinic and Cafeteria and Visitors Center, Buloh.Unit River Hospital was opened in 2006.
This unit has a staff consisting of 3 officers Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy and 11 4 Health Care Assistants (KDP).
Occupational Therapy is to promote and encourage individual recovery process of physical and psychological aspects that patients can live a life in optimum level by adapting to its environment.
Treatment of Occupational Therapy provides quality and continuing to patients in and out. Patients will be treated in the secure environment of the techniques and technology of existing treatments. Needs and patient confidentiality is upheld by Members of occupational therapy in a professional, caring and work together in a group.
Occupational Therapy service quality and continuous will be conducted by members of the professional and work in a team.
- To encourage / increase the capabilities and functionality of the individual with a disability / physical and psychological problems to become independent in life optimally.
- Maintain and enhance the functionality of individuals with physical or psychological problems using selected activities and appropriate treatment will be assessed on an ongoing basis
- Occupational Therapy provides treatment proper, efficient, effective and caring for patients.
- Ensure equipment is used safely in a clean and comfortable all the time
- Encourage all employees to improve efficiency and career development through CME and CPD program
Occupational Therapy services we provide include patients (patients in the ward) and outpatients.
The services provided are: -
- Surgical and burns
- spinal cord injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Early intervention programs for children such as Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, ADHD, slow learner, etc.
- Pediatric Rehabilitation:
Early intervention programs for children such as Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, ADHD, slow learner, etc.
Apart from that we also provide services in (specialize area), namely:
- Return To Work
- That focus on adult patients who lose their jobs as a result of the accident, Occupational Therapist here to help in the training / 'retraining' back from the aspect of daily life, physical strength, cognitive and psychological functioning.
- It is a preparation for patients to start work again
Among the activities carried out with the patient for 2015
1) And Creative Art Therapy With Pediatric Patient
2) Group Therapy Patient With TBI
3) With Domestics Stroke Patient Activity
4) Group Therapy With Amputee Patient
5) Group Therapy For Foot Care
Main Line: 03-61454333
|1||Pn. Juliana Bt Ibrahim||head of Unit||5121|
|2||Pn. Norkhayatee Bt A. Wahab||Employees Occupational Therapy||5123|