Department of Medical Social Work
Medical Social Work Department is a department of realization of support services to major medical services at Hospital Sungai Buloh. Location department is at Level 2, Block B, next to the Sungai Buloh Hospital Management Division.
Medical Social Work Department operates are exclusive, led by Medical Social Worker (S48), 1 Medical Social Worker (S44) with 3 Medical Social Worker (S41), 1 Assistant Community Development, 1 Administrative Assistants and 1 person Health care assistant.
Medical Social Work Department works to provide social services such as the following:
- Therapy Support / Emotional Support
- Help Practice / Material
Target positions are patients who got treatment at the Sungai Buloh Hospital and is classified as patients who can not afford or who need emotional support.
- Cases referred taken in response within two business days (90%)
- Report socioeconomic complete application is sent to the donor agency within 14 working days after receipt of complete documents (80%)
To provide quality social and professional to patients with psychosocial problems in each case referred.
Towards improving the social welfare of the community.
- To provide services based biopsychosocial principles of confidentiality, attentive and efficient to address the social problems of patients with comprehensive treatment concept.
- To help restore patients to improve their social functions in order to become productive members of society and be independent in accordance with the capacity limit due to illness.
There are two types of services available in the Department of Medical Social Work, namely:
- Therapy Support
- Emotional support / motivation / advisory and consultancy services.
- Individual counseling, group and family
- households problem
- Domestic violence cases
- Case Mothers Without Marriage
- Rape case
- Abuse cases
- Description disabled registration
- Provide a description of the procedures to register the child's birth
- Help Practices and Materials
- Make investigations and prepare reports socio-economic assessment of the patient.
- Planning out of the ward.
- Detecting patients heir.
- Being an intermediary (Lioson Officer) to request placement of patients stranded in the Social Welfare Department.
- Helping patients apply for medical equipment assistance / implants and prostheses.
- Help patients referred to the application of general aid agencies.
- Manage application inhabit Visitors Center.
- Volunteers take care of registration as Sungai Buloh Hospital.
|Monday to Friday||
8.00 am to 5.00 pm
Main Line: 03-61454333