Department of Dietetics & Food
Department of Dietetics and is one of the clinical support services that are available at the Sungai Buloh Hospital. The service department also includes the National Leprosy Control Centre (KKN).
Blok M location in proximity to the office Radicare and another unit located in the National Leprosy Control Centre.
The department provides dietetic services as clinical support in the provision of Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) to patients and service offerings are available in two methods, namely privatization (out-sourcing) to foreign companies for the patients in the main block of the Sungai Buloh Hospital and In-house to patients in the Leprosy Control Centre.
- Helping medical treatment through clinical dietetics and health promotion based on evidence-based practices while contributing expertise in the field.
- Contribute to the study and research in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
- Plan food preparation in compliance with nutrient requirements, procedures catering process, principles of hygiene and food safety, in line with current technology and quality.
- Implement management systems to perfection based on policies, circulars and directives set.
Toward the development of food services, clinical dietetics and health promotion to help the treatment of patients as well as the management system will give priority to innovation, technology and knowledge towards continuous quality improvement.
To provide food services and clinical dietetic services in a professional, quality and customer-centric.
Specific objective :
- To ensure normal diet and therapeutic diet supplied according to the order in the ward, including patients on hemodialysis care center.
- To ensure first-class diet supplied to the doctor on-call, according to qualifications.
- Ensuring a first-class diet provided to the staff on duty paramedic continued in theater.
- To ensure medical services nutriton oral therapy for diet and nutrition support be given to patients referred by a doctor.
- To encourage participation in research studies and clinical dietetics and catering / community according to the needs to improve the quality of services.
Clinical Dietetics Service
Clinical Dietetic Services are divided into dietetic services for inpatients and outpatients. Dietitian provide medical nutrition therapy services using the nutrition care process that includes nutrition assessment, nutrition diagnosis, nutrition intervention and nutrition monitoring and evaluation including documentation for inpatient and outpatient.
Clinical Dietetics Services include all patients in clinical disciplines based on a reference from the Medical Officer. There are also clinics and nutrition education classes are ongoing for patients in and out. Here is the timetable of the service operations of Clinical Dietetics:
|Inpatient||Monday - Friday||8am - 5pm||Ward|
|Outpatient Clinic||Monday - Thursday||9am - 12.30pm||Clinical Nutrition Counseling|
|Obesity Clinic (Combine Clinic)||Tuesday||8am - 5pm||Clinical Nutrition Counseling|
|Nutrition Education Class GDM||Friday (2 times a month)||9am - 10am||Seminar Room, Klinik O & G|
|Diabetes Nutrition Education Class||Thursday||9am - 10am||Medical clinic 2 KKN|
Other services available are as follows:
- Giving lectures, training, continuing education and consultant services will be handled according to the requirements.
- Involved in research and education in line with clinical needs or services.
- Supplying diet based on orders received from the ward by class one, two, three or child. Dietitian or doctor will determine the type of diet either a normal diet or a therapeutic diet.
- Diet supplying three classes to mothers who accompany the children in the children's ward, a MAC (mother accompanying child). Reference No. (55) inside. MOH Vol.3 203/18, dated 12th December 2001, an exemption for cases of mother / guardian to accompany the child in the ward or mother accompanying child (MAC).
- Supply of infant formula to babies born to mothers who have tested HIV positive for the period from birth to the age of 2 years for the less able. Reference No. (45) inside. MOF-87 (P20 / 205/1) Div. 7, dated 23th August 2001, supplies of infant formula to babies born to mothers who are HIV positive and reference: No (13) KKM-171 / BKO / 04/16/0232, dated 18 October 2012, feeding the free from 6 months to 2 years for babies born to infected mothers yan positive.
- Provide first-class diet to the on-call doctor at the hospital. Reference Bills (39) dlm.KKM-58/054/4, dated 12th January 1983, Beverages and food for medical officers and doctors graduates.
- Provide first-class diet to paramedical staff working continuously in the theater. Reference: No. (478) in. SSR / 401/20, dated 16 September 2009, the Finance Circular No. 1 of 2009 Guidelines on the Provision of food to the staff on duty paramedic continued in theater hospitals.
- Involved in the study and research for the development of technology and the improvement of quality catering food service.
- Implement monitoring of the Company offered a contract for a service hospital cereal privatized by officials of the Department of Dietetics Courses & hospital on behalf of the Hospital. Reference: Agreement on hospital food service privatization contract, the Ministry of Health.
- Running the program 'food tasting' involving representatives, representatives of JDS and hospital representatives to monitor the quality and the quality of food from time to time.
Main Line: 03-61454333