What is CRC?
What Is CRC?
Clinical Research Centers or (CRC) is one of the six research institutes under the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ministry of Health Malaysia. Established in 2000, CRC has expanded to 27 branches at major hospitals in Malaysia. CRC Sungai Buloh was established in 2010, its aim is to promote clinical research among clinical staff in Sungai Buloh Hospital. Additionally, we serve as "One Stop Centre" for researchers in Sungai Buloh Hospital
- Regulate research activities in Hospital Sungai Buloh
- Provide assistance for research registration in National Medical Research Registration (NMRR) website.
- Provide help and support for Sungai Buloh hospital staffs who are interested in research
- Facilitate and sponsor training for Sungai Buloh hospital staffs who are interested in research
1. To support and facilitate research activities in the hospital through the provision of;
- Database of clinicians interested in research – by interest areas
- Track record on Industry Sponsored Research (ISR) for Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) and publications
- Technical support such as statistical analysis;
- Administrative support such as providing research assistants and study coordinators;
- Facility support such as IT, statistical software, and others, and work station;
2. To assist in the registration of research protocol to NMRR (National Medical Research Register) and application of grants for research;
3. To participate in clinical trials and other research initiated or coordinated by the national CRC;
4. To promote research through capacity building in the following ways:
- Conduct courses such as Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Research Practice (GRP), research methodology and biostatistics;
- Conduct regular in-house Continuous Professional Development (CPD);
- Run research clinics -> provide consultation on research methodology, study design, protocol and statistical analysis;
- Have mentoring program for clinicians and other medical professionals interested in research.
CRC provide facility and equipment, state of the art technology, and most importantly the trained human resources such as project managers, statisticians, information technology professionals and other technical supporting staff skilled in clinical databases and registry operations.
These resources are consolidated in the various teams in CRC network including Clinical Epidemiology team, Healthcare Statistic team, Biostatistics team, and ICT team.
CRC Sungai Buloh’s role is to provide:
- Technical resources for the registers; in particular the requisite expertise in registry sciences (biostatistics, medical informatics etc).
- Oversight to ensure that all registries produce the promised results and operationally comply with applicable ethical guidelines and best practices (operational transparency, information to security, access to data for research etc).
In other words, we assist medical professionals to establish patient registries in their therapeutic areas. But, we stop short of actually running the registry. Each clinical group must be committed to owning and operating their own registries; CRC will not do this for you nor of course do we have any ownership rights over your data.
WE EXIST TO SUPPORT YOU
Monday to Friday (8.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m)
Talian Utama: 03-61454333(sam: 5231)
|2||Dr. Kalaiarasu M. Paeriasamy||Deputy Of CRC Department||
|3||Dr. Norizan Bt Rosli||Manager||